Written by Jonathan Taylor
Best Forex Trading Tips
These forex trading tips will help pave your way towards
* Follow the trend: Successful forex trading requires trading with the trend. However, if you intend not to trade with it, you must have extraordinary skills, attention and courage.
* Watch out for larger trends: Look at time frames larger than those you are trading with. This helps get a bigger picture of the price movements.
* Trade in the most suitable and comfortable time frame: Trade within a time frame that is the most comfortable for you. The time must be enough for you to analyse the market and trade well.
* Trade calm: Do not let your emotions influence your trading decisions. For instance, if you lose a trade, do not get revengeful; while winning, do not get greedy. Over trading adversely affects money management and increases risks. Typically, traders should not risk more than 2-3% of their total trading account.
* Know yourself and your requirements: Understand yourself and identify your goals. Then, assess your risk tolerance and identify the right capital allocation for your needs.
* Stick to your plan: Merely creating a goal and plan is not enough; you must also stick to it. The planning phase should also include defining failure and success, the trading time and the time for trial and error.
* Choose broker carefully: Choose a reliable broker that matches up to your expertise and goals. Also, check their trading platform, customer service and trading styles.
* Start small: When creating an account, begin with a mini account and graduate to standard accounts, as you learn and practice. It is best to start with small sums and low leverage and add to the accounts through profits.
* Focus on a currency pair before expanding: Beginners must trade in a single currency pair, for instance, their own country’s currency, before expanding. They can also start with a currency pair that is the most liquid or widely traded.
* Study your success and failure: Keep a journal of your trading activity to understand your best strategies and methods. This enables you to monitor your mistakes and successes carefully and learn from them.
Finally, traders must persevere, while keeping their risk at the minimum as mastering techniques takes time and practice.